- Understands and practices Agility;
- Provides leadership in the adoption of Agile practices, culture and values by teams across a portfolio of projects;
- Secures and promotes the Scrum framework, tools and practices;
- Facilitates Scrum events as requested or needed;
- Assists the team during the framing phase of the product development in order to maximize the value creation;
- Acts as the point of contact between the team and the organization to make sure the required skills are staffed allowing efficient product development.
Activities with the Product Owner:
- Helps the PO to achieve product objectives using Scrum;
- Helps the PO to keep focused on value creation and customer alignment;
- Helps the PO understand product planning in an empirical environment;
- Ensures that the PO knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
Activities with the Team:
- Enables the Team to improve its efficiency and quality of deliverables by following Agile development best practices;
- Understands and maintains a vision on the technical issues and is prepared to help the Product Leader to solve the impediments from the projects;
- Motivates the Team and embodies positive and constructive mindset on top of Agile values and culture;
- Facilitates project level obstacle removal and team consensus on solutions;
- Coaches the Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Protects the team from external interruptions;
- Helps the Team to create high-value products;
- Helps to understand the need for clear and concise User Stories;
- Builds Agile dashboards and coordinates Agile artifacts delivery, including technology and business value deliverables;
- Communicates on development progress;
- Installs a culture of continuous improvement during development;
- Coaches the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
Activities with the organization:
- Leads and coaches the organization in its Agile & Scrum adoption;
- Helps employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causes change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team;
- Works with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.